the ramblings of a 30 something year old female, do indulge.....

Saturday, January 22, 2011

A funny story

So when I moved to Basel, it was crazy trying to find an apartment, I didn`t know how ridiculous it would be so I put it off till I actually got here. Big mistake, I ended up staying at a Bed and Breakfast for 2 months! It was a learning experience, my advice to all when starting off in a new place, make all arrangements before you get there or else you`ll end up spending a lot of money you probably do not have. So I started my studies with the huge burden of looking for a place lingering in the background. Fortunately, the lady at the B&B was very helpful and understanding (I call her my mama in Basel and we still keep in touch), I eventually found a very cool place, like right out of one of those vintage French movies, old and cosy, just the way I liked it. This is exactly where I saw myself living when I thought of Europe and my roommate matched the apartment completely, artsy, girly and cool! She had told me she was in a band called Anne Claire, told me to check out their website and invited me to a show. I was amazed when I did, such talent, I couldn`t understand how they hadn`t been picked up yet...

I moved in and it was great, my roommate told me she was going to perform in some kind of contest and it was going to be aired on TV, being new in town I wasn`t sure what it was but I had told her I would definitely give my support! I wasn`t able to watch the show on the day it aired, but the next day I rushed to Youtube (God bless them) and SHE WON!!!!!! SO, I am now roommates (till April at least) with Switzerland's representative for the Eurovision contest!!!!!! I am super cool people! and that`s my claim to fame for now : ) enjoy her winning performance!


No comments: